Download the latest version of the NewsBlur iOS app
version 5.0.0b2 / September 23rd, 2015
- iOS 9-ified
- The Text view is now sticky based on the last view you used. It's per feed but it also respects individual feeds when reading by folder.
- Stories now remember your last scroll position. When you go back to a story, you are taken back to the same place you left off.
- Stories are now searchable through spotlight if they have been stored for offline reading.
- New Safari-based browser for the original story. These views are faster and support content blockers on iOS 9 and use your browser's cookies. However, they look like Safari and not NewsBlur, so the default in-app browser is the original browser. The new in-app Safari browser is a preference, along with Chrome, Opera, and the full Safari app.
- Sending stories to third-party services now uses full Text if available. Useful for storing full story text in Evernote or Pocket.
- iOS 8 is the minimum supported version for this release.
version 4.6.0 / November 12th, 2014
- Search feeds and folders.
- Fixing rotation issues so you can watch a video and rotate without losing position.
- Saved story tagging: add and remove tags with a handy tagging popover.
- Native controls for sending a story to other services (mail, safari, chrome, evernote, instapaper, etc).
- Progress bar for the Story view when loading a story using the in-app browser.
- Further UI cleanups and memory fixes/speedups for iOS 8.
version 4.5.0 / October 15th, 2014
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are now fully supported
- iOS 8 is also now fully supported (as well as iOS 7)
- Moving between the feed list, story list, and story detail is now much faster
- Images are now “full bleed”, extending to the entire width of the screen
- New preference for hiding feeds after they are read
- Long press images in a story to read the alt text
- Long press images in a story to save it to your camera roll
- Long press images in a story to zoom into it
- Long press links in a story to get an actions menu (safari, instapaper, bookmark, etc)
- Fixed all iOS 8 issues (preference panes, profile popovers)
- OvershareKit updated for iOS 8
- Pull to refresh updated to match theme
- Pull to refresh date is now localized